Tuesday 20 August 2013

Pastor Adeboye under fire over multi-billion naira 3km auditorium" - My reaction.


Sometime ago I wrote an article on The Church is failing the Nation of Nigeria. So am not afraid to dabble into churchy affairs even though I tread with care. But I find it offensive and a bit unsettling when I read the article published in Premium Times titled 'Pastor Adeboye under fire over multi-billion naira 3km auditorium"

Where it was insinuated that pastor Adeboye was encouraging corruption.
It was also reported that one Debo Adeniran, Executive Director of Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL), said. “Nobody in one lifetime with no criminal record can donate such an amount,”


He was referring to 
the 1billion and I think 100million Naira and not the 100 Naira donation the G.O had asked for the building of the new 3 km auditorium.

First of all let me say this, there are lots of Nigerians today you have over 3billion Naira in their bank account. Is he saying they are all corrupt.

He said no one and no
t no Nigerian. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have both given Billions of, not Naira, but Dollars to the United Nations and other organisations. 
100,000,000 Dollars is how much in Naira? Let me calculate.100,000,000 * 156 = 15,600,000,000. That's 15.6billion Naira. 


To insinuate that all Nigerians with over a billion Naira in their account, because, that was what Debo was actually saying are criminal is very unfair to 
those Nigerians who have worked hard to have that.

Now let me answer both Debo Adeniran and Abiodun Aremu, Secretary of Joint Action Front (JAF), who said that the church is already neck deep in corruption and vanity.

I agree with you but not in totality. And this are my reasons with respect specifically to the article in question.

1. I am not aware any member of RCCG has been suspended for not been able to meet any level of contribution ordered by the GO.
You forgot tmention that, GO has in time past rejected donations from people because according to him, God told him treject them.

2. GO has never forced any member to contribute to an fund raising of the church. If you think am lying, cite an example. 
The article you published was explicit enough so you shouldn't be afraid to name Names if you are sure of your facts.

3. Nobody gives donations and wants to remain unknown. Am not aware RCCG builds plaque
s, put the names of Big donors and places it for the public to see. 
Politicians give money to be seen and known. RCCG members give to be unknown, they don't fit your characterization.

4. For the GO to make the announcement public shows his transparency. He could have decided to do it quietly among the RCCG partners and the job would still have been done. 

Other churches have built monumental structures, did their head pastor or bishop announce how their money was generated? Now you want to crucify him for making his public? Isn't that selective criticism and rather unfair?

Ninety (90) percent or more of the information you have about RCCG were released to the public by RCCG. That's transparency.

5. I have not seen one person, 
who has not acknowledged GO as a Man of God, including a man I respect so much, who may not agree with everything GO does, pastor Tunder Bakare.

6. I have been a member of RCCG for making years. I have served as a worker in several departments but at no time have I joined any of the RCCG partnership groups and no pastor has ever told me it was compulsory to do so. I am still not a member of any.

7. Journalist Jimi Disu you said in his blog, raised the issue of a dangerous trend in church fund raising method, making specific mention of big donors alone been able to see the GO's personal secretary. 

I laughed when I read that. Does Mr Jimi Disu have any idea of the membership strength of RCCG? If every member willing to make a donation was ushered to see the GO Secretary, do you think he will be able to do anything else for the next one year?

Because you seem to be implying that, even those who gives 100 Naira should have been allowed to see the GO personal Secretary. Nice idea, however, not practicable.

And by asking BIG donors to go see his Secretary, GO could be using that as a way of ascertaining the authenticity of their wealthy. Questions will surely be asked like "what do you do" where do you work" "how much are you giving"? etc.

Of course like I said before, GO has been known to reject donations from donors in the past. So some would be rejected if there source isn't genuine.

I am a member of RCCG but do not agree with everything I have been told GO say or commanded but I have learnt to follow his leadership because, they have not been contradictory to the Word of God and results have proven him to be right over and over. 

Please remember I said, they have not been contradictory to the Word of God, as result is not the true determinant of all matters spiritual.

I am not speaking for RCCG or GO. 
I THINK my GO has a zero policy for reacting to media stories.
I have never met him one on one, he has never laid hands on me, though I have seen him close range but he doesn't know my name personally and I am not seeking for any personal favours but he is indeed a Man of God and doesn't deserve some of the insinuations in that article.


By the way where is my cheque book, I have to make my own donation too.

1 comment:

  1. When we get to heaven, there will be a lot of questions and case study for Trinity to deal with based on our human encounters here on earth!

    ReplyDelete