Thursday 15 August 2013

Mum/Dad, you look BIG - really!!!


If you are used to telling your parents "mum/dad, you look fat, you're adding weight" then I advice you to make the mirror your good friend.
The reason is simple. We all have a 'tendency' to look like our parents.

Recently my wife and I visited my elder brother and his family to celebrate the birthday of their youngest son. When I came down from my car, I didn't initially recognise his beautiful wife as they parked in front of our car, they had gone out to pick something so came back same time we arrived at their home. When she stepped out of their car, which wasn't the familiar one I knew, I saw her but she didn't register in my mind until I saw my brother coming out from the driver's side and then, I turned to look at her again. She had added a little. Two wonderful kids will do that to a woman.  But that's not the story.

That's me in Blue and the genius himself, Julius D Genius Agu last year I think. See my belle!

The first thing he said was, you look good, very good and then came the bomb ' your look Big'
You see I knew I was adding weight but never really saw myself as Big.

Then it occurred to me. My junior brother has been looking 'big' of recent. My elder brothers have always been big and now I was getting big.
Then my wife reminded me of how 'Big' my late dad was and then the circle was complete. I was gradually turning into my dad. Wide and Big. No No No. I love him but don't want to be his size, not with that "Pot belly' he had. No No No.

Exercise, early dinner, walks, fruits here I come.
You don't have to drink alcohol or visit parlours to be big. I don't drink and mainly eat in.
You see, girls whose mothers are BIG usually end up being big, same too for some guys.


Now there is a difference between weight gain and Fat/Big. They could start the same but don't end up the same.

I have been begging my wife to add weight for sometime now. But being big is another thing.
The weight a woman adds when she is pregnant is beautiful. In fact it takes her sexuality to a whole new level. Most pregnant women look B U TI FULL. But to look big is to lose your waist, can't see your feet, adding flesh on your chin, your upper arms. Basically you are becoming as one friend of mine called it 'The Michelin man'. Oh Lizzy you nearly kill me. Hehe. Michelin man.

So don't be surprised if come future, your children looks at your while you are dressing up and say 'mum/dad you're looking ....


Tips to help you trim that extra flesh.
1. Eat dinner on-time
2. Avoid eating Fast foods or fatty food. Eg Shawama is superb but not an everyday or once a week food, same with pizza.
3. Avoid too much soft drinks. Their levels of sugar is too much
4. Avoid sugary foods
5. Avoid too much salt. Sodium causes water to be retained in the body. Makes you swell up. Watch your salt intakes in food.
6. Don't eat and go to bed. If the food isn't burnt up or well digested, it is store as Fat in the body. Inactivity does that. After dinner, stay up a little to watch TV ,read or play with the kids. Men take note.
7. Take a walk instead of using your car for every little distance. Walking has been known to be a better fat burner than running over a longer period. Because its sustainable than running.
8. Eat fruits. Orange, Water mellow, pie is good. But be sure to ask your doctor if you can eat some kinds of fruit. Banana and pineapple are not good for women with fibroid am told.
9. Exercise or join an exercise club.
10. Develop an exercise routine. Whether daily or weekly. Could be indoors, outdoors or both. But develop the habit of doing the excise regularly. Routine is the word.
The most important thing is however to be healthy not just slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment