Wednesday 14 August 2013

My Dad Wept On Sick Bed —Fashola


Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State says the only time he ever saw his late father, Pa Ademola Fashola, weep was on his sick bed two months ago.

Fashola, in his tribute to his father published in the programme booklet of the 8th Day Fidau (Muslim prayers) for his father at the Tafawa Balewa Square, TBS, Lagos, southwest Nigeria on Tuesday, said he had never seen his father cry all his life except that day on his sick bed.
In my whole life, I saw him weep only once. The date was 14 June, 2013 on his sick bed; and even then, the tears were tears of joy. In a fleeting moment when many people in his hospital room were not attentive, he broke our tradition of communication and whispered to me.


He said: ‘Even though you are my own, I am happy that you have done well.’ This is the only time he ever expressed vocally even though his eyes always said it for him. My own eyes filled with tears; tears of joy for him, that after all the tribulation, he felt fulfilled,” Fashola said.


Fashola added that his father travelled to every continent on the planet and that he loved the cinema and the movies with a passion, saying that he never remembered any subject his father did not have some knowledge about.
...pmnewsnigeria


No comments:

Post a Comment