Monday 5 August 2013

Not every upgrade is an UPGRADE

I recently upgraded an apps on my BB and got the shock of my life.

This is my story:
Sometime ago, I downloaded an apps that allows my phone to vibrate every time my calls connected. This also happens when it drops a call and when the call ends.

So recently there was an upgrade made available for this same apps. Being my usually self, I was curious and checked the reviews to see what others have said about it but for some funny reasons, I  couldn't tell if what the upgrade was offering was already available on my already installed apps.
After reading through the reviews, I was satisfied enough to follow through on the upgrade. And there lies my pain.

After upgrading my phone, I discovered to my unbelief that all the functions on the original apps were now missing. Yes the phone still vibrated when my calls connected but that was it.
The upgrade actually removed some functions instead of add. I no longer knew when my calls ended or if I had a drop call.

When I now tried to click the button that promised to do the same things I just lost; vibrate when the call ends, I was asked to pay for that service. Lord have mercy. Unbelievable! I looked like a guy whose tongue just dropped. I have just being played. I have just been robbed.

The upgrade took away what I had and now wants me to pay to have it back? But it was supposed to be an UPGRADE.

This reminds of men and woman who are engaged in extra-marital affairs and thinking to themselves that this new relationship is an upgrade to the one they already have. Soon you too will look foolish and feel robbed.

What you think you are getting for free secretly, would soon become something you will be paying for openly when that same person becomes comfortable in your house and even the little you think you had before, you will begin to miss.

She may be beautiful because she is single, never had a child and giving you from all directions but I hope she can cook, not just boil eggs, rice, make wheat or semovita or eba, or indomie noodles, no, no. Really cook different kinds of soups and willing to learn even more. Maintain the home and look after the children.

While doing all these and still have to wake up everyday to cook for the kids and prepare them for school, prepare herself also for work. Come back or later and still prepares dinner for you and the kids.

And to that lady, I hope money isn't all you are hoping for or think you are missing? For I have seen woman with all the money in the world living the most miserable life in their well furnish apartments. They constantly brand smiles in public like tired beauty queens on the run way, wearing expensive clothing's and driving luxurious cars but deep down, they are never happy. Their mornings and nights filled with tears. Yes the money is there but no peace and too many battles to fight.

So be careful what you wish for, that upgrade you are contemplating could actually be a serious DOWNGRADE.

No comments:

Post a Comment