Friday 2 August 2013

THE BIG QUESTION: What Do Men Want In A Wife?


I am a woman and so of course man issues are one of my issues and one of the topics my friends and I muse over.

First of all, I used to think men just wanted a good, loving, dedicated woman. But I grew up and that notion took up many other dimensions. Then I virtually concluded men have no idea what they even want themselves.


Another woman once said, men know what they want until they find it and then they change what they want! Amazing huh? But don’t women do the same?
This takes me to a chat I recently had with one of my male friends and he had a tall list of exact attributes he wanted in a lifelong partner. I thought I should share because this happens to be a man I respect a lot.

Intellectual
Bi/tri-lingual
Beauty
Booty – bust and burn
Morals
so you see
And he insisted her booty must come without a beer belly. Humph! Now I run this list by another male friend and this one agreed to the list but he added establishment, car and more. An establishment he explained as a means of income. And she needs a means of income so he can be sure she isn’t going to be tempted to be unfaithful whenever he cannot meet her needs.

Sounds reasonable doesn’t it?
I mean I know what I want in a man though my list isn’t exactly long. It is only fair for a man to want an intelligent, enlightened woman but when I told this list to some of my female friends, they went livid!
They insist my male friend wants too much in a woman. I found their reasoning a bit hypocritical considering I know they also have very high standards for what they want in a man. And I am thinking, if a man has spent time to make himself into somebody good enough for many women to want, shouldn’t he have the privilege of specifics? He should have a way of sieving all down to relevance…right?

The next question is, why do I know so many women who are achievers, have a dream life and yet have no man who wants them?
They do not have even a man with a blue collar lifestyle chasing them how much more a man of their dreams. Not that they have not come across such men in their social and official lives, they simply have not met one interested in them in meaningful ways. 

If you don't know what you want, at least know what you don't want. It can be a guild and helps to avoiding endless relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment