Friday 14 June 2013

Manchester City have a new Coach – Chilean Manuel Pellegrini

Manuel Pellegrini has been confirmed as the new manager of Manchester City after signing a three-year contract
The 59-year-old Chilean arrives from Malaga and fills the role vacated by Roberto Mancini, who was sacked in May. 

"I am delighted to accept this hugely exciting opportunity," said Pellegrini, who will begin his new job on 24 June.
"The club has a clear vision for success both on and off the pitch and I am committed to making a significant contribution."

In an interview with City TV he added: "Roberto [Mancini] did a great job here in Manchester, especially to win the title after so many years. We now start a new cycle.
"I had other important offers from important clubs. The most important thing for me is I am sure we can make a great management team.
"I'm sure we have the best squad in the Premier League, wonderful players and can win more titles in the next three or four years in Manchester."

No comments:

Post a Comment