Monday 10 June 2013

The Special One now the Happy One. Mourinho is still box office – holds first news conference as Chelsea New boss

 
 
Jose Mourinho declared himself 'the Special One' when he was unveiled as Chelsea manager nine years ago but at his second coming today the returning hero insisted he was simply 'the Happy One'.
The Portuguese was officially unveiled as Chelsea manager for the second time at a press conference at Stamford Bridge on Monday afternoon and answered questions from the media for the first time since leaving Real Madrid last month.
Mourinho's first spell at Stamford bridge appeared to end under a cloud after an apparent breakdown in relations with owner Roman Abramovich, but he insisted today that there was no bust-up and that he would not be back at the club had the pair separated on bad terms.









Jose Mourinho proclaimed that he is "the Happy One" on his return to Chelsea, adding that he is calmer and a better manager than he has ever been.

The 50-year-old Portuguese, who first managed the Blues between 2004 and 2007, was officially announced as Chelsea New boss on 3 June.
"I am the Happy One," said Mourinho at a Stamford Bridge news conference

"Calmer? I believe so. I'm in the best moment of my career in terms of knowledge."
He added: "I began management in 2000. I thought I knew everything, but after 13 years you realise you know nothing and have to learn every day. My adventures around Europe were fantastic for me, different countries, different cultures, different media. It was fantastic.
"At 50, I think I am still very young as a manager and I think it is like the beginning of a new period. Do I have a different personality? No, but for sure I have a different approach and perspective."

'Time flies. A lot of things happened in my professional life in the last nine years but I have the same nature, I am the same person, I have the same heart, I have the same kind of emotions related to my passion for football and my job, but I am a different person in this moment.
'If I have to describe myself, I would describe myself as a very happy person because it's the first time I arrive in a club where I already love the club.'

If you would like to read the full text of the news conference, click here 

No comments:

Post a Comment