Saturday 31 May 2014

Jerry Okorodudu – my wife cheated on me

Former Boxing National Light Heavyweight Champion, Jerry Okorodudu, has revealed why he will never take back his estranged military officer’s wife in spite of entreaties from some friends and associates who are pleading with him to allow the woman return to her matrimonial home.
Speaking with Saturday Sun in Lagos, Okorodudu, a former Olympian who is now the National Boxing Coach accused the woman of not only deserting him when he was out of job, but also committing adultery by dating other men when she packed out of his house.
Except of his interview with Saturday Sun

For those years that you were waiting to be reinstated, how did you cope with life?
It was a period I would never even wish my enemy to pass through. My marriage collapsed. My wife left me but surprisingly now that I have got back my job she said she wants to come back, but I told her that it is impossible, that I will never take her back.
Why won’t you take her back?
It is against my culture to have her back because she shocked me through her action. But when she pleaded, and sent emissaries to me, I asked her to go back to my people in the village, and perform some rites before I can take her back. But she told me that as a Christian that her religion forbids her from doing fetish things.
What are some of the things she has to do?
You know after she left me, she started dating other men, it is a taboo in my family for other men  to sleep with a married woman. Our tradition frowns at it. Unless she goes back to the village, and make an open confession in the palace of the traditional ruler, before then I will take her back. But she must first confess her sins before elders. She left me for about eight years. In spite of the separation I still take care of our children. She bore two girls for me and I’m the one picking their bills.
There was a time she prepared food for me, I almost died, and I didn’t get okay until I went back to my village in Ughelli where a 94 year old woman had to bath for me at the market square, and this was how I was able to escape death. When enquiries were made from our deities, it was revealed that I became sick as a result of my interaction and taking a meal prepared by a woman that had deserted me.
Talking about your fight with Joe Lasisi, you claimed that what you saw inside the ring were eight different men, and that it was not only Lasisi you fought, some people said you were thoroughly beaten, and that was why you were seeing different people, what do you have to say on this?
Whether they believe it or not, I still stand by my earlier claims. It was not only Lasisi I fought. I saw different men inside the ring. I was the person inside the ring fighting and I know what happened – these people saying a lot of things were they the ones fighting? Were they inside the ring? I know what happened to me.
Hunter Clay, one of Nigeria’s finest boxers is late now, may his soul rest in peace. He came to my house to make a confession that he took Lasisi to Isale-Eko where a herbalist prepared the juju Lasisi used in fighting me.
He said that he took Lasisi to the juju man for him to beat me because I was becoming too popular. Clay pleaded that I should forgive him, and right there on the spot, I told him that I have forgiven him. But I know Lasisi would never say the truth. He is not a true Christian. Some Nigerian boxers are not clean. Some of them go to voodoo doctors to give them power to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment