Thursday 29 May 2014

Tiger Woods will miss the U.S. Open at Pinehurst

Some bad news for golf fans, even though most suspected this would be the case, as Tiger Woods announced he will not be at the U.S. Open as he continues to recover from back surgery.
Woods made it official on his website Wednesday, citing continued health issues and recovery from the back surgery he underwent on March 31.
"Unfortunately, I won't be there because I'm not yet physically able to play competitive golf," Woods said. "I'd like to convey my regrets to the USGA leadership, the volunteers and the fans that I won't be at Pinehurst. The U.S. Open is very important to me, and I know it's going to be a great week. Despite missing the first two majors, and several other important tournaments, I remain very optimistic about this year and my future."

Woods, who turns 39 in December, will miss a second straight major championship for the third time in his career after having to pull out of the Masters for the same back issues

 I don't think I will be watching the U.S. Open either this year. So sad. I also didn't watch the Master. Please get well soon Tiger. Thank God for the World Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment