Thursday 11 July 2013

Cafe owner warns buyers: 'I am a black woman. If you are allergic to black people, don't come in'.

A cafe owner has put up a sign warning customers who are 'allergic to black people' not to enter her business after becoming fed up with patrons walking out when they saw the colour of her skin.
Martha-Renee Kolleh has placed the sign on the door of the Yeanon Cafe, in Ossett, West Yorkshire, which reads 'I am a black woman...If you are allergic to black people, don't come in.
'But, if you prefer quality wholesome meals in a pleasant and clean environment, come in. I don't bite!'

The single mother-of-three said she put it there because of the way some customers have treated her. 
She said: 'When they open the door, they see a black face. I put [the sign] there because of the way people treat me in Ossett. 
'Some people find the sign amusing and they say "oh yes, it's about time you put that up", so I think they all realise what's going on here. 

Yes ma, they certainly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment